Together with The Green Spot (Shoppes of Aksarben), Village Canvas and Cabernet will host a Paint Your Pet Night every month, with 15% from each registration supporting the good work of local pet rescue organizations.
The way it works: Find the month/day you are interested in on our calendar, and register/pay. After you register, email a photo of your pet (ONE pet per canvas). Your canvas is sketched, so when you arrive the artist will walk you through the process of painting. The session is three hours in length.
Registration fee ($50/per painter) covers: pre-sketched canvas, everything needed for painting, the guidance of an artist, a complimentary drink (beer, wine, coffee, soda) a donation to the rescue group of the month, and a gift bag, courtesy of The Green Spot from the Shoppes of Aksarben. Classes are limited to 20 painters!
- Sun, Jan 22 at 3 p.m. Save Our Local Animal Shelters (SOLAS)
- Sat., Feb 25 at 9:30 a.m. Paws to Angels
- Sat., April 1 at 2 p.m. RuFF Rescue
- Sat., Jan 23 at 1 p.m. Pug Partners Nebraska SOLD OUT!
- Sat., Feb 20 at 1 p.m. Paws to Angels SOLD OUT!
- Tues., Feb 23 at 6:30 p.m. Heartland Cat Rescue CLOSED!
- Weds., Mar 16 at 6:30 p.m. Heartland German Shepherd Rescue CLOSED!
- Sat., April 9 at 1 p.m. Paws for Friendship SOLD OUT!
- Thurs., May 19 at 6:30 p.m. Little White Dog Rescue SOLD OUT!
- Sun, June 12 at 1 p.m. Hearts, Hands and Paws SOLD OUT!
- Sun., July 17 at 2 p.m. Puppy Up CLOSED!
- Weds., Aug 17 at 6:30 p.m. Northern Plains Boxer Rescue CLOSED!
- Tues, Aug 30 at 6:30 p.m. Paws to Angels CLOSED!
- Sun, Sept 18 at 3 p.m. Helping Hands for Animals CLOSED!
- October 23 at 3 p.m. Omaha Dog Park Advocates SOLD OUT!
- November 20 at 3 p.m. Pug Partners Nebraska CLOSED!
- December 22 at 6:30 p.m.
Do you know a group interested in benefiting from an event? Here are the requirements:
1. Promote Paint Your Pet night on website, Facebook, Twitter, email (or any combination)
2. A member of the organization must attend the paint session to receive the check and say a few words about the mission of the agency.
3. Post follow up photos from the event via website, Facebook, Twitter, email (or any combination)